Effective Date: September 24, 2022.
Collection of Personal Information
When you use our Services, we may collect Personal Information about you in several ways:
Directly from You
You may provide us with Personal Information when you use our Services, such as when you register an account, request roadside assistance, speak with customer service, or otherwise use or access our Services. This may include:
- Contact Information. We may collect your real name, date of birth, postal address, email address, and phone number.
- Roadside Assistance Information. We collect information in order to facilitate your assistance request, such as the service you are seeking and the time, date, and location of the task.
- Financial Information. We use a third party payment processor to facilitate payments from users to service providers. The payment processor may collect your bank name, credit card number, or other financial information. We only receive limited information about your payments, such as the last four digits of your credit card number and its expiration date.
You may permit the Services to access your location via your browser or mobile operating system (“Platform”). If you do, then we may also collect and store your precise geolocation when the App is running in the foreground or background of your device. This information may be used to help locate nearby service providers for you and to help service providers locate you. You can choose whether to enable the location tracking feature via the settings in your device, browser, Platform, or when prompted in the App. If you choose to disable the location feature, we will not receive your precise location, which may inhibit or prevent efficient roadside service.
Information Automatically Collected When You Use Our Services
We may automatically collect data about you when you use our Services. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics so that we can improve our Services. This information may include:
- Technical Information. We may collect technical information relating to your activity on our Site or App such as IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, device name, country or location, and system settings.
Information From Third Parties and Publicly Available Sources
We may collect Personal Information about you from third parties or publicly available sources such as social networking platforms and marketing partners. This may include demographic information or preferences.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, you may disable their use by modifying your browser settings. Please understand that if you do so, you may not be able to fully utilize our Services and therefore we disclaim, and you hereby waive, any claim or liability that may arise due to your partial or incomplete access to the content of any of our Services as a result thereof. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, please visit: https://www.ftc.gov/policy-
We use Google Analytics cookies to help us to analyze traffic and understand how our users use our Services. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Information, please see http://www.google.com/
How We Use the Information Collected
We use the Personal Information we collect above to:
- Provide access to the Services you have requested
- Respond to your questions and support you regarding the use of our Services
- Communicate with you about our Services
- Comply with applicable law and legal requirements, including valid court orders
- Design, improve, and administer our Services
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of our Services and future Service models
- Market our Services to you
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities for any other purpose
How We Disclose the Information We Collect
We share some information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the Services as follows:
- With our service providers and partners. We use third parties and vendors to help us operate and improve our Services, including providing roadside assistance. These third parties also assist us with various tasks including website support and analytics. We do not allow these parties to use your information for any purpose other than to perform those services.
- In the Event of Merger, Sale, Divestiture, or Change of Control. We may transfer or assign Personal Information to an entity that acquires all or substantially all of our assets or stock whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization, or otherwise.
- Other Disclosures. We may disclose Personal Information about you if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (ii) enforce contracts, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to our, your, or third parties’ rights, property, or safety.
- With your consent. We may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose with your consent.
We do not sell your Personal Information for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Third Party Links
Roadr has implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to ensure the integrity and security of your information. However, no online activity is ever fully secure. While we undertake commercially reasonable efforts to guard against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Please consider this when disclosing any information to us.
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with our Services and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of our Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 16 years old. If you are under 16, please do not use our Services, including this website. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received or collected Personal Information from a child who is under the age of 16, we will attempt to immediately delete that information from our files and records. If you believe a child who is under the age of 16 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address listed below in “Contact Us.”
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If You do not reside in the United States and provide personal data to us, please note that your Personal Information will be transferred, processed, collected, used, accessed and/or stored in the United States and subject to U.S. laws. The laws in the United States may not provide the same protections for your Personal Information as the jurisdiction in which you are located. Do not provide your Personal Information to us if you do not want this information to be transferred or processed outside of your country, or if the laws in your country restrict such transfers.
If you are a resident of California, you may have certain additional rights relating to your privacy, including those set forth under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and any amendments thereto (“CCPA”). The section below describes those rights and applies solely to California residents (“consumers”). In this section, “Personal Information” is defined as information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Collection & Sharing of Personal Information
- Identifiers such as real name, postal address, alias, or email address
- Records such as signature and driver’s license
- Protected characteristics such as age
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered
- Internet or other electronic network activity information such as browsing history
- Geo location data, including precise geolocation
- Sensory data such as audio messages
- Inferences about personal preferences, characteristics, or predispositions
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information in exchange for monetary consideration and have not done so during the preceding 12 months.
Shine the Light Law
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, e-mail and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes; and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us as directed in the Contact Us section below with a reference to “Shine the Light.”
Consumer Rights Under CCPA
Under CCPA, consumers have certain rights regarding their Personal Information, as described below.
- Right of Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the following information about you, limited to the preceding twelve (12) months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we collected about you
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information
- The specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose or sold to third-parties
- For each category of Personal Information identified, the categories of third parties to whom the information was disclosed or sold
- Right of Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information about you which we have collected from you, subject to exceptions within the law.
- Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to opt-out of the disclosure of Personal Information about you for monetary or other valuable consideration. However, we do not sell any Personal Information.
- Right to Opt-In: Unless proper consent is acquired, a business shall not sell or share the personal information of consumers if the business has actual knowledge that the consumer is less than 16 years of age. We do not have actual knowledge that we collect, share, or sell the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information: You may request specific limitations on further sharing, use, or disclosure of your sensitive Personal Information, as defined by California privacy laws, which is collected or processed for “the purpose of inferring characteristics about a consumer.”
- Right to Correction: You have the right to request that we maintain accurate Personal Information about you and correct any Personal Information about you which we have collected from you, subject to exceptions within the law.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We may not discriminate against you because you exercise any of your rights, including, but not limited to:
- Denying goods or services to you
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
If you would like to exercise your consumer privacy rights, please contact us via the methods described under “Contact Us.”
CCPA requires us to verify your identity when you make a consumer request to help protect your privacy and maintain security. If you request access to or deletion of your Personal Information, we may require you to provide additional information, including but not limited to: name, email address, and telephone number. When you make such a request, we will respond within the time frames legally required and provide an explanation for any denials of requests.
You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below to make a request on your behalf. Even if you choose to use an agent, we may, as permitted by law, require:
- The authorized agent to provide proof that you gave written permission to the authorized agent to submit the request
- You to verify your identity directly with us
- You to directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request